Archive for August, 2010
What is jQuery
- You do not need to worry about browser compatibility if you use jQuery.
- There are many plugins available, so almost every time you need some functionality, you will find a plugin for it.
- There is huge community support.
- Its very easy.
What can be done with jQuery:
Modifying HTML page based on some events
- Hide/show parts of page on some events like clicking a link/checking a checkbox etc
- On clicking a check box check all the checkboxes
- Client Side Validations
- Ajax interactions
And lots more, see below for some examples
Show me some examples
Jquery UI Plugins
Animation and Effects
Third party plugins
- jQuery spread sheet
- Replacement for alert, prompt, and confirm
- Masked Inputs
- Auto grow text area
- Input Hints
Many more are there, the list will be very long if I add every thing. And as I write this or as you read this, some one, some where is building another plugin .
How to learn jQuery
You are at the right place . Wait for more posts.
Till then you can explore http://docs.jquery.com/Tutorials